Dear 2015, please be less exciting than 2014

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

This year has no doubt been a busy one for me.

First, I remember absolutely nothing about January. Let's fast-forward to February, probably the biggest, most exciting, most stressful month of my entire life. Exactly halfway through the month, on February 15, I married my best friend and other half, becoming Genna Freed (at last!). After that was a complete whirlwind of activities. We left at 6 AM the next day from Columbus and flew to Miami to catch our cruise ship. February was awesome. 



March and April I once again remember nothing. It wasn't anything out of the ordinary. We worked, we came home, we ate, we slept and then started all over again.

I graduated in December 2013, but our school is small so there was no ceremony until May when most graduate. So I be grudgingly agreed, much to my mother's chagrin, to walk in the May ceremony. Don't tell her, but I'm glad I did. Putting on a capping down in joining all my friends was exciting. And I'm glad I got to celebrate all my accomplishments accordingly.



The end of June was another big month for me. On June 23 I began my first "big girl job." I still love it, and am still surprised that I ended up in radio after focusing on print all those years in college. 



Almost exactly a month after I got my new job, we bought a house. We got the keys around 3 PM July 29 and had our house completely moved in by 9 PM that night. At 8 AM on July 30 I turned in the keys to our apartment.



That first weekend in our new house, I got an unexpected call from a friend. He had adopted a dog and wasn't allowed to keep him. And that's how Bo join our family. A silver lab, he's unique and beautiful. He's a handful, but has the biggest, funniest, most energetic personality.



In November, the crappy '99 Chevy Cavalier the Cameron has owned for a few years and used just to get from point A to point B died on us. And there came our second big purchase together, a new (to us) car. I've never purchased a vehicle, so it was an adventure. 



December was a welcomingly slow. I turned 23 on the 5th, we celebrated that weekend in Indianapolis with a Mannheim steamroller concert with my parents and aunt and uncle. I decorated our house for the first time and loved it. And Christmas came and went.



Now onto 2015, which I hope is a hell of a lot less exciting than 2014. Honestly, I'd be okay with it if nothing big happened in our lives. We've had enough excitement this year for the next few. 

2 comments:

  1. you definitely had a busy year!!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right! Hopefully heading for a slow down :)

      Delete

I love hearing your thoughts on my posts. Let me know here!