So much to talk about, so little time

Thursday, December 18, 2014

I feel like I've been gone forever, and I kind of have. I read and comment on blogs regularly but I've been neglecting my own. This season of life has been an interesting one for me and blogging has just not made it to my priority list. So what's been going on...
I turned 23, work has been crazy, I started doing yoga, our house is all decorated and cozy for Christmas,  I've been cooking a lot, my house is a mess still and life is crazy.
Each of those could probably be their own post, but let's just wrap it all into one.
My birthday was amazing. I spent time with family, had a great meal and got to eat cake. Win, win, win. Also, I received the Lisa Leonard handmade nativity I've been swooning over forever.
A photo posted by Genna (@genfreed) on
I got an Amazon gift card for my birthday as well, so I ordered a bunch of ebooks and a yoga mat. I have been wanting to try yoga for stress/anxiety relief for a long time but I was surprised that the benefits have gone far beyond my expectations. I've only been doing it for a few days and I'm only using YouTube tutorials, but so far so good!

I love Christmas. People that say you can't decorate for Christmas before Thanksgiving are just Negative Nancys in my book. The way I see it is if someone enjoys something (like I enjoy having Christmas decorations up) who is to say they can't enjoy that thing for as long as they want? Seriously, people who judge are straight-up joy stealers. Don't get me wrong, I love Thanksgiving. But the holiday season is all wrapped in one to me. And if that's wrong, I don't want to be right.




A photo posted by Genna (@genfreed) on

As far as cooking goes, I literally hand my husband my laptop open to my Pinterest food board and tell him to pick out 2-3 new recipes every weekend. Then we shop for the necessary ingredients and I spread them all out throughout the week. We've had many successes and a few failures (I'm looking at you, crockpot lasagna), but it's really breaking me out of my comfort zone.

Now when we bought our house, I told you all it was old. We've been slowly (I mean really slowly) painting and updating. We moved in July 29 and have so far put in a patio and painted our living room. Not so great for being there almost five months. In an ideal world, I was hoping for a room a month. Well, this weekend Cam got this surge of motivation and started our guest bedroom. It was slow coming, but progress is progress! I cannot wait for my house to be put together. Really, it's driving me (and my OCD) absolutely up the still unpainted wall.

1 comment:

  1. i'm so glad you're having such a good time girl!
    it sounds like you're settling in and making healthy changes and really enjoying the season!
    keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts on my posts. Let me know here!